Peter van IJperen
Senior Teacher – English & Dutch
Peter was born near Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and studied Sociology and German in Amsterdam and Berlin. He has been a teacher for the largest part of his professional career and has earned teaching qualifications from the University of Cambridge and the University of Amsterdam. Although Peter has always felt a strong connection with his second hometown Amsterdam, his desire to explore foreign places has hardly been stoppable over the past 15 years. As part of his Master’s programme in Sociology, he spent two years in Berlin. Later, after choosing to specialise in teaching English as a foreign language, he moved to Bogota, Colombia, where he taught various levels of English to both adults and teenagers. Peter currently lives in Sofia and teaches English and Dutch for Excellence.
- DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) Modules 1 & 3, University of Cambridge.
- CELTA (English Language Teaching to Adults): University of Cambridge.
- BKO Certificate (Teaching and Learning in Higher Education): University of Amsterdam.
- MA Sociology: University of Amsterdam & Humboldt University Berlin.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English: University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.